The convenor of the Church In Community (CiC) Committee is Rev Gary Caldwell.
The Church in Community Committee recognises that Jesus said, "Go and make disciples of all nations, baptising them in the name of the Father and the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to observe everything that I have commanded you." and as a result endeavours to keep Outreach and Christian Development at the front of the Presbytery's business, and each congregation's life in a variety of ways:
- Encouraging Church members to grow in Christian faith and discipleship
- Encouraging congregations’ members to witness meaningfully and serve in their local communities.
- Encouraging churches with their work amongst children and young people.
- Encouraging the prayer in the life of church elders and members through the work of the congregational prayer promoters. The Rev Ellen Larson-Davidson and Lynne Swanston are our Prayer promoter coordinators who report to the CIC.
- Ensuring congregations know of resources available regarding outreach, learning and worship within the Church of Scotland and beyond.
- The CIC Committee is also responsible for administering Local Church Reviews (LCRs are a system of regular visits and engagements of Presbytery with Kirk Sessions and congregations to encourage and enable them to identify and fulfil their mission and potential within parishes) on behalf of Presbytery and bringing regular reports to Presbytery regarding these.
- The CIC occasionally organises Training days and Equipping seminars for Christians in the area under the title of PURE (Pop Up Resource Events).